CME Group Day of Recognition and Market Education
CME Group Day of Recognition and Market Education Heading link
On August 15, the CME Group hosted a “Day of Recognition and Market Education” for new and returning CME Group Foundation Scholars. During the one-day forum, students learned from CME Group executives about the financial services industry and internship and career opportunities available at the CME Group. Thirteen UIC Business students attended, including nine new 2023 CME Group Foundation Scholars and four returning 2022 CME Group Foundation Scholars.
Attending This Year Heading link
New 2023 CME Group Foundation Scholars:
- Nube Aguilar – Majors: Finance and Real Estate. Minor: International Business.
- Moses Garcia – Major: IDS. Minor: Computer Science.
- Michael Gonzalez – Major: Finance. Minor: Business Analytics.
- Michael King – Major: Accounting
- Danny Martinez –Major: Finance. Minor: Leadership.
- Jari Mejia – Majors: Finance and Accounting.
- Brianna Negron – Major: IDS. Minor: Finance
- Natalie Ramirez – Majors: Accounting and Finance.
- Joshua Sanchez –Major: Accounting.
Returning 2022 CME Group Foundation Scholars:
- Azizat Balogun – Major: Finance.
- Johnny Barrios – Majors: Finance and Management.
- Monica Guzman – Majors: Accounting and Finance.
- Klever Inga – Major: Accounting and Finance.
About the CME Group Foundation Scholars Program Heading link
The CME Group Foundation awards scholarships worth up $20,000 each year to rising Black and Latinx students majoring in finance, technology, and related fields at 11 partner universities in Illinois and New Jersey. These scholarships are renewable for up to three years and help ensure that sophomores, juniors, and seniors can finish their college education. UIC Business students captured nine out of 18 new scholarships awarded in both 2022 and 2023. Since 2020, UIC Business students have won 28 scholarships for a total award potential of $1.68M.