Your browser is unsupported

We recommend using the latest version of IE11, Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

A Welcome Message From Dean Sandy Wayne

UIC Business Dean Sandy Wayne

Welcome students,

I hope the summer season allowed you to unwind before preparing to enter the next part of your academic journey. This semester is the start of what I am confident will be a year of learning and exciting career-related opportunities that I encourage you to embrace.

Additionally, it is an honor to have been selected to serve as the new dean of UIC Business. Our priority is to introduce initiatives that will enhance your student experience and continue to distinguish the college as a top academic institution. To achieve this, we have three main goals. The first is to increase the college’s connections with the Chicago business community and non-profits. At the same time, we will work to strengthen our existing relationships with alumni and employers. The second is to develop and launch new online master’s degree programs. Third, we will strive to increase student success in the following areas: professional skill development, internship completion, and graduation.

To our new students, it is understandable that you may be experiencing some nervousness that comes with this new phase in your life. I also know what that feels like. Despite over 35 years of experience at UIC as a faculty member, as I serve as the new dean of the college, there are moments when I need to lean on my phenomenal faculty, staff, and leadership team for support. Remember that you are not alone. Reach out to others within and outside of UIC Business for guidance. Our college has diverse resources to help you get familiar with your surroundings: the Business Career Center, tutoring services, over 20 UIC Business student organizations, and so much more. Also, keep in mind the significance of developing relationships with your classmates.

To our returning students, as you embrace the campus environment that is familiar to you, I encourage you to try a campus resource that is new to you and will aid you on your path through school. For example, the Involvement Fair is a great place to start. The fair will take place from August 29 through September 1. For information about times, locations, and participating student organizations, please visit the Center for Student Involvement website. Moreover, take it a step further and introduce your peers to a campus resource that may be useful to them.

During my tenure, we will work diligently to open the doors to opportunities to ensure you have a productive time at UIC Business. I, too, hope you will set personal goals that will allow you to reach a new level of success.

I wish you a wonderful semester. As always, our expert faculty and staff are here to assist you along the way.

Sincerely,

Sandy Wayne
Dean of UIC Business