Your browser is unsupported

We recommend using the latest version of IE11, Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Student Organization Spotlight: Finance & Investment Group

The Finance & Investment Group, or FIG, is a student-run organization that is dedicated to developing knowledge and networks for the future. We host speaker events where we invite business professionals from different finance fields, such as personal, public, private and corporate finance to speak about their experiences. Our speakers work in a wide variety of industries such as: investment banking, asset management, venture capital, private equity, and real estate. We also offer workshops and networking events for our members to deepen their knowledge on an interactive, personal level.

Meet Our E-Board! Heading link

The UIC Finance & Investment Group (FIG) e-board members

­

How do I become a member of FIG?

Prospective members can fill out this form. We will add you to our GroupMe where we send information about our upcoming events and members can ask the executive board any questions. We also have a newsletter which you can subscribe to here.

How will FIG help me in my career?

When we host speaker events, members will learn more about a business professional’s daily life at work, plus the inside scoop on the journey they took to get there. Members will network with established business professionals and recruiters as well. This will build your network and develop connections that will help advance your career.

We also offer mock interview sessions, often hosted by recruiters who are actively searching for interns and full-time employees. These sessions allow you to work on your interviewing skills and get your foot in the door during the application process. Recruiters will be able to put a face to the names on their applications.

What is the highlight of your association with FIG?

“FIG has given me the opportunity to deepen and solidify my knowledge of the various industries within finance, and allowed me to make meaningful connections with professionals and members alike”

– Simas Zavistauskas

“I love FIG because the E-Board is so supportive, and I think that what we do really helps our community. Being on the E-Board allowed me to hone my leadership skills as well as my time management skills. Finance is such a broad field but being in FIG has helped me figure out my interests and goals, as well as network with the people who can help me achieve those goals.”

– Mikaela Kruz

“FIG provided me the opportunities to expand my knowledge in the financial sector, build relationships with other members, and learn from and network with professionals in the industry.”

-Bea Mae Frondoso

To explore more of what FIG has to offer, register for an upcoming speaker event!

Adam Jendrisak, Asset Portfolio Manager
Wednesday, February 16, 5 – 6 p.m.

Manan Patel, Investment Performance
Wednesday, February 23, 5 – 6 p.m.