Scholarship Spotlight: Patrick Klimek ’19
Scholarship Spotlight: Patrick Klimek ’19 Heading link
Scholarship: Linda and Steve Kolber Scholarship
What is your major and minor?
Double Major: Accounting and Information and Decision Sciences
Where are you from?
Northwest Suburbs of Chicago
Why did you choose to attend UIC Business?
I really liked the opportunities being close to Chicago offered. After getting into the Business Scholars program and the Honors College, I knew UIC was going to be the right fit for me. I also have two older brothers who are attending UIC, which allowed for a smooth transition from high school.
What extracurricular activities are you involved in on and off-campus?
- Vice President of the Polish American Student Association at UIC
- General Assembly member and Interim Speaker of the Undergraduate Student Government at UIC
- Member of the Business Scholars Program
- Member of the Honors College
- Student Conduct Board Panelist
- Treasurer of the Polish Student Leaders Assembly, a soon to be non-profit operating in the Midwest
What is the career path you would like to take after graduation?
I would really like to work in public accounting. I think it’s a very interesting and constantly changing environment, where I will have the largest opportunities to grow and continue my learning.
What is your proudest accomplishment?
In the fall of 2016, I spearheaded an intercollegiate Masquerade Ball through UIC’s Polish Club. We sold over 320 tickets to students all around the Chicagoland area. It was incredibly inspiring to see all those young individuals come together to celebrate their culture and heritage.
Where is your favorite place on UIC’s campus and why?
My favorite place on campus is Douglas Hall. It’s one of the newer buildings on campus. It has a lot of study space and updated facilities. I can also usually find a lot of my classmates there, for when I need someone to study with or just some help on a problem.
What are two interesting facts about yourself?
- I pole-vaulted for four years in high school.
- I have played the saxophone for five years