Your browser is unsupported

We recommend using the latest version of IE11, Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

22 Favorite Quotes To Inspire

Hello everyone! I hope you are doing wonderful, I know I sure am as I type away on this beautiful summer day. In today’s blog post, I wanted to talk about the little things that inspire us—and this literally can be anything! Once we have found our inspiration, we tend to become the inspiration we seek. Make sense? If not then let me explain, when we find something (or someone) to look up to, then we will strive to be better, do better, and use that inspiration to reach our goals. We are the future entrepreneurs and leaders of tomorrow, and this is exactly why we must learn to find the inspiration we seek in order to become who we want to be. With that being said, I truly believe that it is SO important for us all to motivate ourselves to be the best that we can be each and every day!

Now, as I was thinking about this, I remembered a few of my favorite quotes that I felt I should share with all of you. Along with some of the quotes, I have written my thoughts as well! These quotes have constantly inspired me, and I hope that they have the same effect on you. Read on below to see how these words from the wise can inspire you to achieve your goals, follow your wildest dreams, excel in life (even when you feel you cannot anymore), and perhaps even embrace your fears. 🙂

Favorite Quotes:

1. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.”—Thomas Edison

• My thoughts about this quote: I remember reading this quote during my junior year of High School (specifically during ACT time), and ever since it has definitely become one of my favorites! We all know Thomas Edison was the man who invented the light bulb. Imagine if he hadn’t tried one more time to create this fancy gadget that is used every single day—our world just would have been SO different. I fell in love with this quote because, in essence, Edison’s words teach us to never give up. Forget how many times you’ve given up and fallen down, because, in the end, it’s about how you stand up, move on, and keep going. I am sure there was a point in life where we have all felt like we couldn’t achieve something, and it was time to stop—but this quote is a reminder that we shouldn’t give up. No matter how hard, how difficult, or how crazy things may get, it is important to try just one more time. Who knows, maybe by trying one more time, you too can change the world in unimaginable ways!

2. “Success is…knowing your purpose in life, growing to reach your maximum potential, and sowing seeds that benefit others.” – John C. Maxwell

3. “Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment. Full effort is full victory.” –Mahatma Gandhi

4. “Choose a job you love and you’ll never have to work a day in your life.” –Confucius

• My thoughts about this quoteFor those of you who don’t know Confucius, here’s a brief history lesson: Confucius was a Chinese philosopher who lived in Ancient China and because of all the injustices he saw, he set up a new moral code based on honesty, education, and kindness. I first learned about him during my freshman year of High School in a class I took called Global Studies.  I like this quote because it really inspires one to do what they love for a living. I hope that we can all find something that we love to do someday.

5. “Confidence is what we get when we take fear, face it and replace it.” –Tim Fargo

6. “You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backward. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something – your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.”—Steve Jobs

7. Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do”—Confucius

• My thoughts about this quoteThis quote is great because it teaches us that whenever we come across a downfall in our lives, WE have the power to get up every time that happens—and in the end, that is our greatest triumph. Now, when you come across a challenge in your life, don’t be afraid to get up once again, and come back even stronger.

8. “All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.” –Walt Disney

9. “Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words. Keep your words positive because your words become your behavior. Keep your behavior positive because your behavior becomes your habit. Keep your habits positive because your habits become your values. Keep your values positive because your values become your destiny.” —Mahatma Gandhi

10.  Fear will try to stop you from doing great things, from going on new adventures, from creating something new and putting it out in the world. It will happen in the recesses of your mind, where you don’t even know it is happening. Become aware of your fears. Shine some light on them. Beat them with a thousand tiny cuts. Do it anyway, because they are wrong.—Unknown

11. ” The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams” –Eleanor Roosevelt

•   My thoughts about this quoteWhy do I like this quote you may ask? I like this quote because it inspires me to follow my dreams. This quote reminds us that we are capable of doing absolutely anything. When we have dreams and ambitions and actually work hard to reach those dreams then the future is in our hands, my friend. So here’s a question for you, dare to dream?

12. “Don’t let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning.” –Robert Kiyosaki

13. “In helping others we shall help ourselves, for whatever good we give out completes the circle and comes back to us.” –Flora Edwards

• My thoughts about this quote:  This quote inspires me to help others. I know that oftentimes, we forget about those around us, and when I ask people what one of their greatest regrets in life is it is not helping others when they can. Here’s my theory: If you have a lot, give your wealth.  If you have a little, give your heart. By helping others you are helping yourself in so many ways.  Think of it this way, no one has become poor by giving.

14. “As we look ahead into the next century, leaders will be those who empower others.” –Bill Gates

15. “One of the most important keys to success is having the discipline to do what you know you should do, even when you don’t feel like doing it.” –Unknown

16.  “Once a person is determined to help themselves, there is nothing that can stop them.”–Nelson Mandela

• My thoughts about this quote: Nelson Mandela was an amazing man, and he sure said some profound words. This almost connects to the previous quote by Eleanor Roosevelt because again, it teaches us to help ourselves, create our goals, and follow our own paths because once we do so, there will be nothing in the world that can stop us.

17.  Successful entrepreneurs are givers and not takers of positive energy.” –Anonymous

18. “Keep going. You’re almost there and remember, the sun is most beautiful as it’s going away.” –Yasmin Mogahed

• My thoughts about this quote: I read about Yasmin Mogahed my senior year of high school and I came across this quote while applying to colleges. I remember how stressful this time was and many times I was frustrated. After reading this, I remember thinking to myself that in the end, everything will be worth it. I love this quote because it compares us to the sun and it inspires us to keep going when things are tough. After reading this quote, it makes sense why you shouldn’t give up too soon because you may have to go through the worst, to get to the best—good things take time. This is why we must be patient and stay positive because everything is going to come together someday. Maybe not immediately, but eventually and that should be the reason why we must continue to work hard and never give up.

19. “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, you are a leader.” –John Quincy Adams

20.  “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough”—Oprah Winfrey

• My thoughts about this quote:  This quote is important because it teaches us to be thankful, and to appreciate what you have when you have it. I know that it is often easy to forget this, but by appreciating what we do have will make us happier people. You may not always get exactly what you want, and that’s OK. There are lots of people who will never have what you have right now.

21. “Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs.”–Farrah Gray

22. “The pain you feel today is the strength you feel tomorrow. For every challenge encountered, there is opportunity for growth.” –Unknown