The Liautaud Graduate School of Business was excited to welcome the large turnout of new admits that participated in the New Student Orientation on Saturday, August 21st, despite the dark clouds and rainy start to the day. As the day progressed, the sunrays finally showed up along with an array of information and activities on the agenda, including....
- welcoming introductions to the College of Business Administration from Interim Dean Pagano and Assistant Dean Mary Clark
- a brief improv workshop from Accounting Lecturer, Michael Popowitz
- a compelling case study discussion led by Managerial Studies Professor, Mark Shanley
- a motivating keynote address by successful entrepreneur and Liautaud Alumnus, Mike McCoy
- tours and program breakout sessions in the new Douglas Hall lead by student org leaders
- a warm and encouraging welcome from Liautaud student org board members representing MBAA, GMARK, GFIN, INFORMS, Out for Business, MSAA, WIN, and REG
- a food & fun social gathering at Spectrum in Greektown!
Check out some highlights of the event:
|Improv Workshop led by UIC Accounting Lecturer, Michael Popowitz.|
|Assistant Dean Mary Clark introducing UIC Managerial Studies Professor, Mark Shanley for Case Study Discussion.||Liautaud Alumnus and successful entrepreneur, Mike McCoy, sharing his Liautaud experience during Key Note address.|
|MBAA VP, Dave Ebel, welcoming MBA New Admits in Douglas Hall who were also greeted by Professor Jelena Spanjol. ||UIC Accounting Professor, Ram Ramakrishnan welcoming MSA New Admits along with Jesse Ravage, MSAA.|
|New MIS Admits being welcomed by the INFORMS student org and also greeted by Professor Ranga. ||New MRE Admits being welcomed by REG President and also greeted by Professor Tom Bothen.|
|Food and fun at Sprectrum Bar & Grill in Greektown |