UIC GMARK

GMARK Gets Inside the Mind of a Recruiter

In a perfect world, job applicants like myself would exercise powers of telepathy to grasp what employers are looking for. Just imagine - as soon as I see an opening posted online, I Google a little to figure out who the hiring manager is, and then mind-read across the short distance from UIC to the loop, tailoring my application to their very thoughts. When I show up for the interview, it’s as if I’ve walked out of their dreams.  Alas, all I can hope is that employers will tell me what they’re... read more

Liautaud Students Meet with Larry Byrne of Ogilvy & Mather

On the evening of Thursday, October 1, the UIC Graduate Marketing Association (GMARK) hosted a conversation with Larry Byrne, Senior Partner and Chief Production Officer for Ogilvy & Mather. The event, put together by Jeffrey Wilson of UIC Business Career Services, was part of the MBA Career Topics series, which is designed to give Liautaud students a view from the C-suite by introducing them to executives from Chicagoland firms. Byrne is not only an exec at a Chicago firm, he’s also a lifelong... read more

Global Marketing: Building Brand Engagement While Leveraging Customer Understanding

Thank you to Subramaniam Palghat Balasubramanian, Director of Corporate Outreach - GMARK, for contributing this post.  It was to my great pleasure to attend the Global Marketing Event presented by the Graduate Marketing Associations from UIC Liautaud, DePaul Kellstadt, and Loyola Quinlan. It was a first of its kind event.  The event commenced at the very busy downtown campus of DePaul at 9AM with networking and a light breakfast. This was followed by the first keynote speaker Angela Johnson,... read more

GMARK - Karaoke Night Kick-Off

Taking a break from studying, members of the Liautaud Graduate Marketing Association (GMARK) came together to officially welcome and network with the incoming class at the Karaoke Night Kick-Off Social the second week of classes at Morgan’s Grill in the University Village. This was a wonderful chance  to meet new friends, mingle with students from class, have fun, and enjoy food and drinks while singing our hearts out.   It was a successful start to the new school year. There was an awesome... read more

Join the Graduate Marketing Association!

GMARK (Graduate Marketing Association) is committed to providing opportunities for Liautuad students to network professionally and develop marketing skills. GMARK is excited about the various social, professional development, and volunteer events that it will be offering to Liautaud students this year. There is no membership fee to join the organization and members do not have to be marketing students. Marketing is a broad term; however, it is important for all students to learn how to ... read more