UIC Business Career Center

UIC Business Career Center Welcomes New Corporate Engagement Team Members

We are pleased to announce and welcome two new team members to the UIC Business Career Center, Justin Lall and Nicolas Bernal, the new Associate Directors of the Corporate Engagement Team. JUSTIN LALL Connect with Justin on LinkedIn Justin comes from an IT staff augmentation background. In previous positions, Justin was a preferred staffing partner to companies such as Deloitte Consulting, KPMG, CapGemini, CSC, ExxonMobil, General Atomics, Lockheed Martin, and many others. Prior to his work in... read more

The Early Bird Gets the Job!

UIC Business Students, welcome back to a new academic year! Remember it is never too early to start your internship and career search. Here are some tips on getting started now. UIC's career portal is designed to help you : 1. Log into UICcareers.com with your user name (complete UIC e-mail address) and Password (UIN#).  Inside UICccareers, you'll find plenty of various job and internship opportunities with your name on them! 2. If you are a new user, complete your profile. If you are a... read more

News from UIC Business Career Center | Hot Jobs, Internships and More

UIC Liautaud students, welcome back to a new academic year! Although you have just started class this week, it's definitely time to start your internship and job search. Please note: The UIC Business Career Center has moved to 110 Douglas Hall. You can stop by to make an appointment with our Career Advisers, or you can make appointments online by logging into the Inner Loop. START YOUR JOB SEARCH TODAY:   1. Login to UICcareers.com with your username (complete UIC e-mail address) and password... read more

Business Career Center Resume EXPO | This Thursday, September 12

The UIC Business Career Center invites current students and recent alumni to our semi-annual Resume EXPO Thursday, September 12, taking place at the UIC Student Services Building. This is a great way to network with employers and recruiters and learn first-hand what employers are looking in a resume.   The Resume EXPO is open to undergraduate and graduate students. No registration is needed for this event - come as you are and bring multiple copies of your resumes.  Here are some helpful... read more

UIC Business Career Fair This Wednesday, September 18

UIC Business Career Center invites current students and recent alumni to the Business Career Fair this Wednesday at UIC Student Center East. This a great occasion for students to network with diverse employers and to get a jump start on internship and full-time opportunities.  We have an amazing list of companies registered to attend, including:  ·          Bank of America            C.N.A. Insurance ·         Caterpillar ·         CDW ·         Classified Ventures ·         College Pro ·        ... read more

Behind The Scene : Student Success Stories

Felicia Cox                                 Class of 2013 Major: Accounting - MSA Full-time Position with CBIZ MHM, LLC Title of Position: Audit Associate Why did you chose your current position? In deciding between two great companies, I chose CBIZ because I felt that it was a great company to begin establishing my career. They are one of the top nationally ranked accounting firms by Accounting Today; the people at CBIZ  were great and the opportunities they had seem endless. Describe... read more

Student Success Stories: Luis Alberto Vargas

Luis Alberto Vargas Class of: 2014 Major: Accounting Company: KPMG Position Title: Audit Intern  How did you obtain your current position? I used the resources provided by the UIC Business Career Center, such as the          UICCareers website and job fair that was held in the spring semester. Through the job fair I was able to meet my recruiter, who encouraged me to apply through the UICCareers and KPMG website. Describe what you will be doing in your new positions? At KPMG, I will be an... read more

On the Path to Success: Alex Estrada

Alex Estrada Class of 2016 Major: Finance            Email: aestra24@uic.edu Company: Caterpillar Position: Corporate Finance Intern   Why did you choose your current position?  I thought this would be a great opportunity to work with a company that is diverse and is known to deliver a wide range of financial management around the world. I have always had an interest in energy, which led me to Caterpillar who has a reputation as a leading manufacturer of construction and mining... read more

On the Path to Success: Sunny Shah

Sunny Shah Class of: 2014 Major: Information and Decision Sciences Email: sshah210@uic.edu Internship Position Company: Cook County Government Title of Position: Information Security Intern   Why did you choose your current position? I have been very interested in cyber security throughout my college career and due to the recent cyber-attacks on the news, it has become a very important issue for the U.S. I think my internship is a great starting point to see how companies combat cyber-attacks... read more

On the Path to Success: Holly Sang Ah Lee

Name: Holly (SangAh) Lee     Class of: 2014 Major: Accounting       Email: lee531@uic.edu Entry Level Position Company: Deloitte LLC Title of Position: Audit Assistant   Why did you chose your current position? As an accounting major, I knew I wanted to start my career at a Big Four firm.  This was not because of the general route, but because I knew working at a Big Four would be a tremendous experience that could open the door to numerous possibilities. Deloitte was my first choice because it... read more

On the Path to Success: Jose Prado

Jose Prado Class of: May 2014 Major: Finance Email: jprado5@uic.edu Internship Company: Caterpillar Title of Position: Corporate Treasury Intern   Why did you choose this position? I chose this position because I needed to prove to myself that I belonged in the financial industry.  Being a finance student, I had to know whether or not this was something I could see myself doing as a career.   Describe your experience at Caterpillar? Interning at Caterpillar was a very rewarding experience from... read more

On the Path to Success: Eugene Fula

Eugene Fula Class of: 2014  Masters of Science in Accounting Email: Efula2@uic.edu Full time Position  Company: PricewaterhouseCoopers Title of Position: Tax – Financial Services   Why did you chose your current position? I was interested in tax after completing a corporate tax internship at RR Donnelley.  To me a tax career is a constant learning experience, because regulations are constantly changing, and it becomes a lot more complicated when state & local, and international regulations are... read more

On the Path to Success: Alexandra Molina

Alexandra Molina Class of: 2015 Major: Information Decision Science Semester Full Time Co-Op Company: Monsanto Title of Position: R&D IT Co-Op Why did you choose your current position? I chose this position because I want to gain real-world experience in the IT field before I graduate. Monsanto offers an extensive number of options for IT co-ops that are engaged with important issues that will impact the organization as a whole. This opportunity will give me better chance in obtaining a... read more

On the Path to Success: Swati Iyer

Name: Swati Iyer Class of: 2014 Masters in Management Information Systems Full-time position Company: Ernst & Young Title of Position: Staff-Advisory Services Risk Practice Why did you choose your current position? It has always been my dream to work for a company like Ernst & Young where I would have the opportunity to work with high-profile clients across various industries including banking, asset management and insurance. I love my new role and working with EY would add great value and... read more

On the Path to Success: Nikesh Shah

Name: Nikesh Shah Class of : 2015 Major: Accounting Internship Position Deloitte & Touche LLP Audit Internship     Why did you choose your current position? I am very ambitious and I think about the future more than I should. I often think about life after college, where I will stay, which car I will drive and most importantly what I will be doing in my career. For a while now, I have been reflecting about which area in accounting I should pursue and after talking with some fellow accountants I... read more

On the Path to Success: Eugene Fula