Tuesday, December 6, 2011 by
Scott GreenMBA Candidate 2012
- Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
- Industry/ Field of work: Marketing
- Undergraduate degree in: Marketing
- Undergraduate School: Arizona State University
- Career Goal: Form a sustainable start-up business
- Organizations involved with: GMARK, AMA, BAA
- Linkedin Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/scott-green/11/10/b3b
Q & A with Scott...
- What prompted you to return to school to achieve your MBA?
Advance my business education, improve my resume, clarify my career goals, new life experience
- What was the most important factor for you in choosing an MBA program (or factors you considered)?
Entrepreneurship program, livable city, traditional university
- Why did you choose UIC Liautaud for your MBA?
The UIC Liautaud Graduate School of Business met the above criteria.
- We all know that people pursue the MBA to increase their business knowledge, but since you have started the program, what has been the most unexpected gain the MBA has given you?
The relationships and bonds formed w/ fellow MBA classmates
- The UIC Liautaud MBA professors are continuously involved in researching new business trends and innovations. How have you felt the professors have been able to integrate their theoretical knowledge into practical applications? Do you have any examples?
The professors have been exceptional in relating current business trends with classroom discussions. In marketing you examine how Apple and Southwest have successfully differentiated themselves; in Organizational Behavior small groups study an event or business and report on theories we learned in class.
- Which class/professor has been your favorite thus far and why?
Chris Barlow, Organizational Behavior, because he has non-traditional teaching methods and his lessons emphasizes working with people.
- What is your favorite aspect of the UIC campus and why?
Location to Chicago, where there’s so much professional opportunity and great life experiences
- How would you define the Liautaud student?
Smart, ambitious, socially active, good looking
- What advice would you provide to incoming UIC Liautaud MBA students?
Participate in as many school events as you can. Meeting new people and networking are key to getting the most out of your MBA experience
To meet with a Student Ambassador or schedule a class visit, click here to send your request to our Admissions team.