Many of you have heard that we are launching a new Weekend MBA program starting this fall. If you are considering working while pursuing your MBA degree, here are a few reasons why I feel the weekend option makes a lot of sense.
1) You can complete the program in just two years. Yes. You read correctly! Not many part-time options allow you to complete an MBA in such a short amount of time. Our program is a great way to quickly fast track your degree without sacrificing your current profession.
2) Our new program is a cohort style program. The return on your MBA investment is more than the degree itself or the first job or promotion you will land. It's also the professional network that you build along the way that you will carry with you throughout your career. A cohort program makes networking and relationship building with your classmates even more accessible.
3) The entire region can now take advantage of the tremendous value offered by the University of Illinois system. So whether you are just over the state line or you need to commute in from one of Chicago's suburbs, our new Weekend MBA program makes getting into the campus even easier. Our campus is located right off the Eisenhower Expressway (290 east), the Kennedy (94) interchange, the CTA Blue Line, and offers easy access to Metra.
4) All Weekend MBA students will be granted full access to career services in the College of Business. This is a huge differentiator and a question you will want to ask other schools you may be considering. Many programs limit part-time and weekend students' access to career services.
5) As a major research university, you will have access to world-class faculty. Our Weekend MBA faculty consult with Chicago business leaders and beyond, allowing them to to bring current business issues and engaging guest speakers to the classroom.