Thank you to Megan Silverstein, MBAA VP of Marketing, for contributing this post.
The MBA Association and Liautaud Career Services joined together to host a seminar for students to learn best practices to attain the most value out of LinkedIn for making connections and job opportunities. L inkedIn exists to help you make better use of your professional network and help the people you trust in return. At the AMP UP Your LinkedIn Profile Event, LinkedIn Representative Richard Hurh presented how to maximize the benefits of a LinkedIn profile.
His top tips included:
- Write an exciting headline to attract attention to your profile
- Include a professional photo
- Be an active member on the network
- Display up to three website hyperlinks on your LinkedIn Profile
- Control your LinkedIn public profile
- Showcase your professional experience
- Get recommendations from peers, subordinates, and managers
- Make your summary your "30-second elevator pitch"
- Add skills to your profile and get endorsed
- Build a thoughtful network-add relevant connections
- Join groups
- Follow your company on LinkedIn
Using all of these tips and tricks can help you maximize the benefits for your LinkedIn profile. Please view event photos on our Facebook page by clicking here.