On January 28th, over forty students participated in the Spring 2012 UIC Liautaud Graduate School of Business Assurance of Learning case competition event. This all day event tests your business acumen, as you prepare for case interviews and network with company reps and Liautaud alums.
The AACSB, the accrediting organization of business schools, has initiated a requirement that all accredited schools measure the outcomes of their programs to assure that the schools are meeting their educational goals. UIC Liautaud has developed an assessment center culminating in a case competition. All Master's degree students are invited to participate in this event which students found both valuable and enjoyable last fall.
The day started with writing an individual analysis of a short business case. This was followed by working with a four to five person team to prepare a presentation for the case analysis. During lunch and through the afternoon, students were able to network with company reps and Liautaud alums who judged the event. The afternoon included team presentations of each case analysis with question and answer sessions, and feedback from the judges.
Working hard on the team analysis and presentation!
Presenting to the Judges.
Gaining valuable feedback from the Judges.
Congratulations to the winning teams!!
Team Green Seat Winners: Zhaodong Wang, Hong Zhang, Jun Wang, Vivekanandan Thangamani
Team Play It Safe Winners: Sen Ye, Alan Leon, Ying Zhang, Qi Wang, Yiming Jiang
Team Preserve the Luxury Winners: Aswin Thiyagarajan, Samuel Marder, Jue Cheng, Yijie Zhang
Thank you to all the Liautaud students, Alumni Judges, and Faculty who participated in making the event a success!!
Participating UIC Liautaud Alumni Judges:
- Ikram Bokhari – Delivery Manager, Panduit
- Don Drews – President, Courageous Marketing
- Anthony Gargiulo, Jr. – VP of Human Relations, formerly with The Pampered Chef
- Stephanie Hagglund – Associate Director, Thomson Reuters
- Lisa Koengeter – Associate Director Chicago Programs, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
- Brian Martindale – Owner, Gallendale, Inc.
- Oscar Trevizo – Product Manager, Alcatel-Lucent
- Lez Trujillo – Transformation Project Manager, Chicago Public Schools
- Elizabeth Weidenaar– Client Development Manager, Lipman Hearne
Participating UIC Faculty:
- Mark Shanley, Professor and Associate Dean
- Christopher Barlow, Clinical Assistant Professor
The Assurance of Learning case competition is held once per semester and we look forward to having all LGSB students participate in future events.
If you have any questions about this event, please contact the LGSB programs office or email LGSBGA@uic.edu.
Master of Business Administration