The Assurance of Learning case competition took place this past Saturday, October 15th at Douglas Hall. The competition included four teams in which each team was composed of four teammates. The participants included a variety of UIC Liautaud graduate students from the following areas of study: accounting, business administration, and real estate. Some of the participating students were also from the Corporate MBA program in the College of Business Administration.
In the morning portion of the case competition students reviewed the cases they were assigned individually and then in the afternoon put together a presentation in their selected groups to present in front of a panel of UIC Liautaud Graduate School of Business Alums.
The Event closed with an announcement of the winning teams and feedback from the judges.
Congratulations to the winning teams!
Team A: Scott Green, Xue Feng, Jin Lee, and Wenjing Zhan
Team B: Jacob Lee, Isaac Kyle, Zhigang Zhao, and Fei Tang
Participating UIC Liautaud Alumni Judges:
· Mike McCoy, Director of Product Development, Provisur
· Elizabeth Weidenaar, Client Development Manager, Lipman Hearne
· Lisa Koengeter, Associate Director of Chicago Programs, University of Illinois
· Ikram Bokhari, Delivery Manager, Panduit
· Brian Martindale, Owner, Gallendale Adventures
· Deepak Narayan, EPM - BI Consultant, Perficient
· Nick Tornabene, Professional Photographer.
· Oscar Trevizo, LTE Service Owner, Alcatel-Lucent
Participating UIC Faculty:
· Mark Shanley, Professor and Associate Dean
· Christopher Barlow, Clinical Assistant Professor
Team B: From left to right, Jacob Lee, Isaac Kyle, Fei Tang, Nick Tornabene (alumni judge), and Zhigang Zhao
Thanks to all of the participating students for this event!