International Experience

Top 5 Tips for International Applicants

As the February 15 deadline approaches for Fall 2016 International applicants, our admissions staff are processing a deluge of applications. Here are some tips to help your application through the process. Two parts to the application The application consists of the UIC Liautaud application (Apply Yourself), the UIC Supplemental application (University application) and the $70 application fee. When you are directed to the UIC Supplemental application, this is treated as a separate account.... read more

A Week in the Life of Naina Suri

Hello! I'm Naina Suri, MBA '17 with a concentration in marketing and business analytics. I moved to Chicago from Mumbai to attend UIC Business. So, what's a week like in the life of a Liautaud student? MONDAY My days start around nine. I get up, get ready, and, because what they say is true - Chicago weather is unpredictable! - I check the forecast. I’ve learned to never leave home without a sweater and umbrella. Now that it’s November, add a winter coat to that. Tip for new arrivals - there’s... read more

Studying business in a different country? An experience of a lifetime

Like what you see? This was my view of the Shanghai skyline on a boat tour when I was studying abroad last semester (Spring 2015). A few of my peers and I would like to share our advice on how to make studying abroad a reality for YOU. Studying business in a different country adds profound value to your personal experience and your business education. Everyday, you are learning something new: whether how to say Finance in the native language or the way business meetings are conducted in that... read more