We all know how stressful preparing for final exams can be, but let music come to your rescue! We’ve asked UIC Business students for their favorite #CramTracks that keep them plugged-in and motivated to excel during their exams. Here are 23 songs that will help you power through spring 2019 finals season.
- “A Moment Apart” by ODESZA
“They're all very melodic, happy, but also relaxing.” — Tiffany L.
- “Brown Skin” by India.Arie and “Cranes in the Sky” by Solange
“Their soothing voice makes for a ‘conducive environment.’” — @yves_o
- “Better” by BANKS
- “I Don’t Know About You” by Chris Lane
“When my dad was getting his master’s we would study together and this was the song we listened to.” — @dennisovich39
- “Whodie” by YNW Melly
“That mf jolly n lit. It helps a lot.” — Pablo I.
- “San Luis” by Gregory Alan Isakov
– Thomas S.
- “Pick Up the Phone” by Travis Scott & Young Thug
“Basically any Young Thug song helps. I always use headphones during exams and do well while listening to Thug.” — Pablo I.
- “Fast Lane” by Bad Meets Evil (ft. Eminem & Royce da 5’9”)
“My go-to track for cram time. Gets me pumped up!” – Jivitesh M.
- “Cigarette Daydreams” by Cage the Elephant
– Nick S.
- “Butterfly Effect” by Travis Scott
“It is very nice background music.” – Nicholas R.
- “School’s Out” by Alice Cooper
“Because it’s what we’re all thinking.” – Navin E.
- “Champion” by Carrie Underwood
– Sydney S.
- “My Old School” by Steely Dan
“Because, oh no, William & Mary, won’t do!” – Navin E.
- “Time After Time” by Cyndi Lauper
“The first reason might be the melody which is not so intense, but is smooth. The second reason is because the lyrics are about a woman who can’t fall asleep who is telling her own story in the night. When I want to start listening to the music, this song would always be my first choice. Thank you for putting this song on the list.” – Winston L.
- “Confessions” by badbadnotgood (ft. Leland)
— Bilal N.
- “Sober” by Childish Gambino
“I like the vibe.” — @closekaul
- “Shake It” by Metro Station
— Tekayla F.
- “Old Town Road” by Lil Nas X (ft. Billy Ray Cyrus)
“I like that it merges two genres (hip-hop and country) and is a very upbeat, uplifting song. One of the lyrics is, "I'm going to take my horse to the old town road / I’m gonna ride it til I can't no more" and I relate this back to how I feel about my education. I'm going to keep pushing for academic excellence until I attain it!” – Imani W.
- Stayin' Alive" by Bee Gees
- "The Pearl Fishers" by James Last and "Moskauer Nächte" by James Last
“What I like about it is the melody which I think is great for studying or any other occasion. Personally, I have difficulty concentrating when I am studying and listening to music with lyrics. The singer is also great and his other songs are also amazing.” — Oscar R.
- "disco tits" by Tove Lo
If you want to jam along to all of the #CramTracks recommended by your peers, check out our Spotify playlist with all of these songs to get you ready to conquer your final exams, projects, and presentations.
UIC Business wishes everyone the best of luck during finals. We know that you are going to do exceptionally well because #UICMeansBusiness!