At UIC Liautaud, our doctoral programs build upon the stature as a Research 1 institution. Doctoral candidates have the opportunity to study with renowned experts in various fields, who are producing new knowledge for our global economy.
We offer PhD programs in Organizational Behavior and Human Resources Management, Marketing, Management Information Systems, and Information and Decision Sciences. To learn more about the PhD programs and concentrations, visit the Doctoral Programs page.
There are two simple parts to the application process. Firstly, the departmental Apply Yourself application, and secondly, the University Supplemental application. The Apply Yourself application is for departmental review and the Supplemental application is the University application used for University admittance.
The PhD application, Supplemental application, and $70 application fee is due December 15, 2015. Applicants have a one month grace period from the deadline to submit any required supporting documents such as test scores, transcripts, etc. Our application process is paperless and we require all documents to be scanned and uploaded to the application.
PhD Application Checklist:
- Completed Online Apply Yourself application on or before December 15, 2015
- UIC Supplemental application and non-refundable application fee of $70 (linked from the Apply Yourself application) on or before December 15, 2015
- Academic transcripts from all post-secondary institutions
- Official GRE or GMAT (preferred) score (Applicants upload a copy of their unofficial score report to the online application)
- Three letters of recommendation (Applicants supply name and email of recommenders in the online application, which will send instructions to the recommenders)
- Personal Statement
- Current Resume
- Writing Sample- Writing samples commonly submitted by PhD applicants include: scholarly papers, an academic thesis, a professional white paper, and published works
- Published works (optional)
Additional Requirements for International Applicants:
- Official TOEFL score (school code 1851) or IELTS score
- Proof of Degree/Degree Certificate for any degree earned
INTERNATIONAL CREDENTIAL EVALUATION FEE
A non-refundable $30 International Credential Evaluation Fee is assessed for all graduate and professional degree-seeking applicants who have post-secondary coursework taken outside the United States.
To learn more about each specific doctoral program, please contact the following faculty advisors:
Dr. Stanley L. Sclove, Business Statistics
Dr. Robert C. Liden, Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management
Dr. Alan J. Malter, Marketing
Dr. Mary Beth Watson-Manheim, Management Information Systems
For any application questions, please feel free to email me for assistance. I look forward to working with you!