Accounting Club

From Accounting Club to Accounting Firm

by Geraldine Deliva President, Accounting Club In the coming weeks, I’ll finish my MSA at UIC Liautaud, sit for the CPA exam, and start working downtown at Grant Thornton. Unlike the Big Four, Grant Thornton hasn’t recruited at UIC Business for a while. I met them through the Illinois CPA Society, which I got involved with at UIC Business, but I digress—today I want to tell you about the Accounting Club, and maybe along the way I can explain how it helped me get to where I am now. The Accounting... read more

Meet the Firms with the UIC Business Accounting Club

Each September, the UIC Business Accounting Club invites students and recent graduates of UIC to Meet the Firms, an opportunity to gain an introduction to Chicago’s professional accounting community and to learn about work opportunities in the field. On last Monday, September 21, students and recent alumni spent the afternoon in the Illinois Rooms of Student Center East with over 30 firms from the Chicagoland area, including the Big Four: Deloitte, KPMG, Ernst & Young and PricewaterhouseCoopers. ... read more

Walk in with Confidence, Walk out with a Job at Meet the Firms

How to be successful at a job fair, well luckily, it is not rocket science and a fairly easy thing to do. All you need is a little bit of confidence, a sense of who you are, a thorough understanding of your resume (you wrote it so you should know it), and the ability to talk to an employer. So how do you build all these skills? Well, the best way is to practice whenever and wherever. Firm recruiters are normal people that work for a normal company. Recruiters are no different than the people we... read more